Responsible for the local, regional and/or global procurement of materials and services. Accountable to procure assigned materials, services or components to meet quality and cost competitiveness objectives while interfacing with Product Management, Production, Quality, Inventory, Warehouse, Customer Service and Accounting departments on a daily basis. Oversee, manage, train and guide the Purchasing/Inventory department. Perform a wide variety of duties to direct, control, increase productivity and coordinate department functions. Partners with departments to leverage guidelines, standards and best practices. Contributes to the overall effectiveness of supplier management programs by reporting and providing data to ensure continuous improvements in performance.
Essential Functions and Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Manage Purchasing and Inventory Control Functions
- Maintain Production Schedule
- Interact with Marketing and Sales in order to facilitate customer demands
- Maintain inventory levels
- Develop systems to ensure inventory accuracy
- Generate and interpret inventory reports
- Responsible for overall sourcing of materials and supplies
- Develop and implement improvements to procedures
- Develop vendor relationships
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Create and maintain the backorder report
- Understand and maintain the standard and quality of materials
- Work with the Quality Department in qualifying vendors
- Work with Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers
- Review and approve requisitions
- Reconciling of inventory
- Plan, direct, purchase, and coordinate the activities of all procurement of materials, products, and service.
- Interview vendors and visit supplier’s plants to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
- Control and minimize purchasing expenses and increase efficiency.
- Participate in the development for specification of products, to include forecasting.
- Negotiate with suppliers /vendors to obtain the best price without sacrificing quality and service.
- Work with Accounts Payable to resolve vendor grievances and/or invoice discrepancies.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Work with forwarding agents and brokers to facilitate delivery of imported goods.
- Provide or assist in the determination of annual forecasting for all product lines.
- Perform all tasks according to SOP/ ISO standards.
- Familiar with component and contract manufacturer sourcing in Asia Pacific.
- Working knowledge or prior work experience in advanced imaging technology, digital cameras, board cameras, lightings, drivers for lightings.
- Experience in ISO/IEC and/or CE Mark.
- Minimum supply chain management degree or equivalent from two-year college or business school and/or a minimum of 5 years purchasing related experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.